Rivervale Community Centre
Address: Francisco St, Rivervale WA 6103
Saturday, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
What will you be learning?
- Silk Reeling Exercise
- 5 Elements – 4 Movements
The most important part of Tai Chi is your foundation. How far will your skills or achievement go will depend on foundation.
Qi Gong – Breathing Exercise
- Learning how to enjoy and relax through breathing. (Relax, stress release)
- Learning how to regulate breathing with movements. (Mind body and breath coordination, improve blood circulation, calming effect and relaxation)
- Learning correct positioning for hip-waist rotations. (building core strength, key to fall prevention)
- Learning how to relax into a postulation.
- Learning basic weight shifts for balance.
- Learn to increase flexibility and strength
- Learn how to improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Learn to instil a greater awareness of the body and how it moves through space.
Silk Reeling Exercise – This is a series exercise to build up and improve your energy level.
- Understanding Tian Cai Tai Chi training principles.
- Learning the boundaries of proper body mechanics to enhance your strength and balance.
- Learning to adjust and form correct stances. This will build up your energy and improve your lower body strength.
- Learning how to coordinate upper body with lower body movements.
- Deeper training into hip-waist rotations.
- Learning how to adjust body posture for strength and balance.
- Develop leg stamina and strength for prolonged training.
What to wear during your Tai Chi Class:
Your clothes should be loose and comfortable. preferably cotton.
The ideal practise shoes should be light, with thin sole or bare feet.
Please arrive early for the first session.