Calm your mind and Body
Chen Tai Chi – The traditional way to enhance your MIND and BODY
What Our Students say
Did you miss our September class?
Our next Beginner Class Schedule:
- 09 Mar 2024. Saturday
- 10 Apr 2024, Saturday
Start Time 9 am
Duration: 1 hour
Learn to improve your ability to receive and process information from your body. Enhance your sensitivity for a more responsive body.
Relax BoDY & Mind
The fastest way to reach results is to relax your body and breath. Your mind will follow. Enhance your strength and balance by sinking and relaxing.
Strength and Balance
Learn how to align your body to find your balance and learn rooting. Discover your own power and stability through proper grounding.
Chen Tai Chi Beginner Class
Chen Tai Chi Beginner Class
Club House @ Troy Troy Park
Address: 51 Burke Dr, Attadale WA 6156
Chen Tai Chi Beginners Class
Time: 9.00 am to 10.00 am
What will you be learning?
- Silk Reeling Exercise
- 5 Elements – 4 Movements
The most important part of Tai Chi is your foundation. How far will your skills or achievement go will depend on foundation.
Qi Gong – Breathing Exercise
- Learning how to enjoy and relax through breathing. (Relax, stress release)
- Learning how to regulate breathing with movements. (Mind body and breath coordination, improve blood circulation, calming effect and relaxation)
- Learning correct positioning for hip-waist rotations. (building core strength, key to fall prevention)
- Learning how to relax into a postulation.
- Learning basic weight shifts for balance.
- Learn to increase flexibility and strength
- Learn how to improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Learn to instil a greater awareness of the body and how it moves through space.
Silk Reeling Exercise – This is a series exercise to build up and improve your energy level.
- Understanding Tian Cai Tai Chi training principles.
- Learning the boundaries of proper body mechanics to enhance your strength and balance.
- Learning to adjust and form correct stances. This will build up your energy and improve your lower body strength.
- Learning how to coordinate upper body with lower body movements.
- Deeper training into hip-waist rotations.
- Learning how to adjust body posture for strength and balance.
- Develop leg stamina and strength for prolonged training.
What to wear during your Tai Chi Class:
Your clothes should be loose and comfortable. preferably cotton.
The ideal practice shoes should be light, with thin sole or bare feet.
Please arrive early for the first session.
Beginners Chen Tai Chi Program
The goal is to insure proper body mechanics and the maintenance of the prerequisite relaxation. This foundation level covers postural requirements known as Shen Fa, the structure of the forms which is Jia Shi and learning the routine patterns or Tao Lu.
- Chen Tai Chi Qigong Part 1- 太极功法
- Silk Reeling Foundation Part 1(1 Circle, 2 Points, 6 Spirals) – 一圆、两点、六缠丝
- 5 Elements Chen Tai Chi 四势五行太极拳 – Movement 1
- Chen Tai Chi Qigong Part 2 – 太极功法
- Silk Reeling Foundation Part 2 (1 Circle, 2 Points, 6 Spirals) – 一圆、两点、六缠丝
- 5 Elements Chen Tai Chi 四势五行太极拳 – Movement 2
- Chen Tai Chi Qigong Part 3- 太极功法
- Silk Reeling Foundation Part 3(1 Circle, 2 Points, 6 Spirals) – 一圆、两点、六缠丝
- 5 Elements Chen Tai Chi 四势五行太极拳 – Movement 3
- Chen Tai Chi Qigong Part 4- 太极功法
- Silk Reeling Foundation Part 4(1 Circle, 2 Points, 6 Spirals) – 一圆、两点、六缠丝
- 5 Elements Chen Tai Chi 四势五行太极拳 – Movement 4
- Chen Tai Chi Qigong – 太极功法
- Silk Reeling Foundation (1 Circle, 2 Points, 6 Spirals) – 一圆、两点、六缠丝
- 5 Elements Chen Tai Chi 四势五行太极拳
(I) Creating Qi and Internal Balance in your Body
We will begin with very basic, standing exercises called Zhan Zhuang to teach you Shen Fa, good body posture that is essentially the foundation of your body balance. Each movement trains you to move specific parts of your body in a more natural way. As you practice, you will be more conscious of your weight shifts, so you know how to adjust your body centering for better balance. The movements also engages all the joints in your body; shoulder joints, elbow joints, wrist joints, knee joints and ankle joints, so that you expand the range of flexibility in them. You will build up your leg strength as you will learn to hold a specific posture for an extended period of time. It requires you to build your mental concentration as you will learn to coordinate your limbs, torso and head in an optimal alignment. You will learn to relax and learn to feel the beginnings of Qi.
(II) Developing Silk Reeling energy and Stepping techniques
Building upon the standing exercises in Zhan Zhuang where you have developed initial Qi circulation, we will lead you into the next stage of learning called Chan Si Gong. This is a series of repeated, single movement patterns which is meant to develop silk reeling energy and further develop postural alignment. At this point, you will also be taught Stepping techniques called Bu Fa to train up leg power, and impart basic footwork strategies. These single patterns are graduated so that you are progressively training up each set of muscles required for the next group of movements. It is an extremely useful routine in that it eventually trains you to initiate movement and generate power naturally from your body frame and abdomen.
(III) Applying and Internalising the use of Qi and Silk Reeling energy into Form
This the part which you been preparing yourself for. You will now be taught a specially routine choreographed by Grandmaster Zhu, called the 5 Elements and 13 Postures which actually covers all the fundamental techniques of peng, lu, ji, an, cai, lie, zhou, kao, zhuo gu, you pan, qian jin, hou tui, and zhong ding. You will learn how to use your relaxation and breathing to integrate Qi into each movement. More fascinatingly, you will be able to actually see how the characteristic Chen style Silk Reeling technique is uniquely applied into a movement. As you practice, you will begin to understand the interplay of Internal and External forces, the contrasting fast and slow movements, and why maintaining an unbroken body line is so important. Notice the contrastive terms used, and this is what is meant by the Yin-Yang in Tai Chi!
Tian Cai Training System – One Circle . Two Points . Six Spirals 天才太极教学法 ：一圆两点六缠丝
“One Circle” refers to the completed circle formed by single or double handed silk reeling.
“Two Points” refers to the two defence positions at opposing extremities.
“Six Spirals” refers to the entire set of silk reeling oscillations
Grand Master Zhu Tian Cai created this training strategy around this time restriction to induct a new practitioner quickly into the Chen Tai Chi basics in a shorter, more efficient way.
In all our classes, we will implement this effective and authentic Chen Tai Chi training system This is the same system if you visit Chen Village in China.
Expect to have sore muscles if you are fairly active since we will request lower stances for drilling and to work up at least a light sweat for those who are not as conditioned.
Online -Temp not Available
In Chen Tai Chi Academy online class, we will delve deep into building your foundation and core. You will also learn how to relax through simple Tai Chi drill and at the same time create and maintain a comfortable and healthy posture. After you have master the requirement for statics, you will then progress to apply these requirement in dynamic movement. The class aims to not only shape you up, but also instruct and inform you in the right methods to do tai chi and working out.
In Chen Tai Chi Academy beginner class, we will delve deep into building your foundation and core. You will also learn how to maintain a comfortable and healthy posture. After you have master the requirement for statics, you will then progress to apply these requirement in dynamic movement.The class aims to not only shape you up, but also instruct and inform you in the right methods to do tai chi and working out.
Learn how to maintain a comfortable and healthy posture in motion, with our comprehensive class that goes through the most ancient and authentic Tai Chi movements. These movements are gears to make your body more flexible and agile.
The longest history of modern day Tai Chi. Based on written history, this is what have been learnt in China for more than 250 years.
This form will help the students to enhanced one’s concentration, condition the body and acquaint students with the tools and skills required for actual combat
Personal Training Prgram
- Personal training sessions.
- Unlimited access to beginner and intermediate classes during the training week.
- Personalised training program to suit your goals and lifestyles.
- Learn to relax and achieve your goals faster.
- In depth training on Qi, Yi and Energy with push hand and application
- See better results sooner.
- Set realistic goals.
- Establish lifelong exercise habits.
- For FIFO, we could reschedule and after your swing.
Personal Training Program
- Personalised training program to meet your goals.
- Personalised training plan include diagnostic assessment of your current level.
- Comprehensive plan to suit your goals and lifestyle.
- Motivation personalised training.